Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for an ambitious Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our growing team in Amsterdam. As PMM you are our marketing ninja, you know what to tell the world about our SAAS email-security solutions. You work closely with our engineering & product teams to translate complex technical concepts and features of our software products into inspiring product positioning, messaging, and value proposition.
- Positioning SAAS product and services is what you do best;
- 5-star ratings on customer review sites is what makes you feel AWESOME;
- Creative high impact assets is what you dream off at night ;
- You eat competition for breakfast.
A day in the life of a Product Marketing Manager
You arrive to the office with a big smile. Last week you read the latest book on fast growth and product marketing. You were inspired and today is the day you’re setting up, according to best practices, a new strategy to position ZIVVER’s secure email in a completely new way. .
During the morning you sit in front of the whiteboard sketching out the new strategy, At 10:30 you call in some of your marketing- and product peers to discuss your thoughts and way forward.
Around 11:30 a.m. it is time for your weekly competitive research. Eager to find out what competition in all markets are up to you deep dive into tools like similar web en other tools to understand what they are up to. You summarize your findings and share them with the Growth Team and ZIVVER studio.
After enjoying a free lunch at the Humming Bar you work on the “Customer review” campaign. You want as many customers as possible to leave positive reviews on Gartner PeerReviews and Capterra - Two influential review sites in the customer journey. You create a small briefing for the design team to develop some great looking email invitations and you come up with an incentive plan to get customers to sign up.
The day is drawing to an end. You learned so much today about competition and you designed a brand new innovative product positioning strategy. You’re about to close your laptop when Noud drops in, asking if you’re up for a beer at the Humming Bar. It’s been quite a day, so that seems like an awesome plan!
- You’ll put together and deliver our technical and business-level messaging, you help implement our go-to-market strategy, and you craft sales enablement plans for our product offerings.
- You partner with product development and engineering teams through the complete product development cycle to help create our communication strategies for our platform.
- You increase our solutions’ social, digital and events presence and visibility.
- You will also closely work with our ZIVVER Studio and Growth marketing team to craft and review marketing content and run dedicated marketing campaigns.
- You take care of the creative development and publication of a wide range of product related marketing material from writing blog posts, thought leadership pieces, case studies, conducting webinars to conveying our products specs to our customers and partners.
- You support our sales efforts by developing engaging collateral for all stages of the sales cycle, like slide decks, whitepapers, videos etc.
- Be responsible for our brand management and identity: you communicate and successfully position our services in our key markets. You also contribute towards building a strong brand and vertical specific narrative(s).
- You analyze and report marketing KPIs to track impact, optimize and improve our positioning in the open source ecosystem and with B2B customers.
- Choose your own hardware
- Beautiful top-floor office in Amsterdam
- Flexible working hours
- Flex holidays
- After-work beers in our in-office bar
- At least €1.000,- per year on personal development budget.
- Product Marketing experience: You must have at least 4-6 years experience in product marketing roles in the enterprise software (SaaS) or digital security space. You have a solid understanding of product marketing, inbound marketing, and content marketing. You are familiar with the process of product management and how product marketing fits into it. You have solid knowledge of marketing analytics, automation, and content creation tools. You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- B2B Software experience: You gained experience working with B2B software/security companies and you are familiar with the dynamics and customer journey in enterprise B2B companies. You must be technically fluent, you are comfortable dealing with technical information and can translate technical capabilities into customer benefits. You have proven ability to craft engaging content in excellent English, including blog posts, white-papers, slide decks, videos, etc.
- Creativity and Strategic thinking are both your strengths;
- Self-starter: You are hands on with the attitude to get things done. We will challenge you on this!;
- Education: a Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, Master’s/MBA a plus. Relevant fields of study include Business Administration, Computer Science, Marketing.
Attitude / Personality
- You enjoy a good Plan - Do - Check - Act cycle
- You consider risk something that is not to be ‘taken’ but to be ‘managed’;
- You appreciate the value of complex, detailed and audited norms bring to the security, integrity and availability of information;
- Proud of successes, peeved by mistakes, resilient to recover and learn;
- Straight forward, direct, but respectful with a big smile;
- You don't run off a cliff when your hair's on fire: think, count to ten, then act.